Asset Servicing Transformation Programme
Creating productive stakeholder relationships during UAT
In 2012 our client; a major UK asset management company, underwent a substantial Asset Servicing transformation programme. Following a challenging initial implementation onto the target platform, 2i were brought in to deliver User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for eight further migrations in multiple locations. Naturally the business wanted reassurance that their operations would continue unaffected following the move.
Achieving this involved the careful management of both a large group of stakeholders and
numerous complex technology deliverables from several vendors. An additional challenge was presented by the client’s existing software development lifecycle which frequently required additional checks to be undertaken before UAT began.
- We introduced Static Testing to assess the requirements for accuracy and suitability which reduced the amount of faults further along in the project lifecycle
- We introduced phased UAT to manage late delivery of code, allowing progress to continue while development work finished; this was made possible by clearly defined planning and management of Test Sets in HP Application Lifecycle Management
- We issued detailed daily status reports of all UAT activities in addition to holding daily meetings to keep stakeholders appraised of progress
- We took on the System Integration Testing to ensure that testing coverage was at a satisfactory level before UAT. This was critical as functionality and interfaces were being tested for the first time
- We became subject matter experts in many of the system areas and were able to support the business in their Model Office Testing and training in preparation for go-live
- We provided project legacy through substantial test packs ensuring future phases of the Programme could be delivered smoothly
"10,550 tests were written and executed. 1,112 defects were found and resolved."
2i specialises in delivering software testing services for organisations ranging in size from public sector organisations to international finance houses. At the core of our business is the provision of large scale managed testing services, resource augmentation, automation testing, and test consultancy to help with the delivery of a specific project or programme.