Performance Test Engineer
The purpose of this role
The Performance Test Engineer is a technical test role with responsibility for creating and maintaining non-functional test scripts in adherence to a Non-functional test framework. As a Performance Test Engineer, you will work with various technology stacks, testing software to ensure it meets the agreed non-functional requirements including, but not limited to performance, scalability, usability and operability. You will work alongside Developers, Business Analysts, QA Engineers and Operations.
The main accountabilities
- Carrying out non-functional testing in line with the Non-functional test framework and Test Strategy
- Creating or overseeing the production of quality Non-functional Test artefacts
- Review requirements, specifications, user documents and other project documents to assure quality of the products and tests to be developed
- Select and develop appropriate performance test tools, apply the latest techniques in non-functional testing
- Delivering to agreed time, cost and quality standards
- Contributing to the creation of time and resource estimates
- Provide detailed status reports and MI tracking progress and logging and highlighting risks and issues
- Work with stakeholders at all levels within the project and/or workstreams.
- Log and highlight risks and issues that may impact on the delivery schedule
- Use appropriate techniques to develop, maintain and execute non-functional tests suites
- Utilise Agile test approaches to facilitate early and continuous delivery of software
- Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all test objects developed and test environments used
- Build good working relationship with colleagues in the team, department and business to allow projects to be successful and share knowledge with others.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- 3-5 years of experience non-functional testing
- Experience of Testing Best Practices and Design Techniques
- Experience of delivering across various methodologies – Agile, Waterfall, DevOps
- Strong experience of evaluating and selecting testing tools and technologies.
- Hands-on experience with non-functional test tools, such as Apache JMeter and LoadRunner
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a faced paced environment
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience of change management and code version control tools and processes
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability prioritise multiple, diverse activities simultaneously
- Flexible, independent and self-motivated
- Active participant in Test Communities or online Testing forum