Consultant: Automation Test Engineer
The purpose of this role
The Automation Test Engineer is a technical test role with responsibility for creating and maintaining Automation Test scripts in adherence to an Automation framework. As an Automation Test Engineer, you will work with various technology stacks, testing software alongside (but not limited to) Developers, Business Analysts and QA Engineers..
- You have a vision for the future of testing and are not afraid to implement or voice it
- Delivers on commitments made to the client demonstrating excellence and timeliness
- Brings new ideas to the team and is receptive to other people's ideas.
- Actively contributes to the team problem solving.
- Demonstrate the ability to grow and maintain trusted relationships with clients
- Displays leadership and mentoring skills
- Demonstrates good collaborative behaviours, cooperating and sharing knowledge appropriately on the project with 2i and the client.
The main accountabilities
- Carrying out Automated testing in line with the Automation framework and Test Strategy
- Creating or overseeing the production of quality Automated Test artefacts
- Review requirements, specifications, user documents and other project documents to assure quality of the products and tests to be developed
- Select and develop appropriate test automation tools, apply the latest techniques in test automation
- Delivering to agreed time, cost and quality standards
- Contributing to the creation of time and resource estimates
- Provide detailed status reports and MI tracking progress and logging and highlighting risks and issues
- Work with stakeholders at all levels within the project and/or workstreams.
- Log and highlight risks and issues that may impact on the delivery schedule
- Use appropriate techniques to develop, maintain and execute automated tests suites
- Utilise Agile test approaches to facilitate early and continuous delivery of software
- Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all test objects developed and test environments used
- Build good working relationship with colleagues in the team, department and business to allow projects to be successful and share knowledge with others.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- 3-5 years of experience in test automation development and testing
- Experience of delivering across various methodologies – Agile, Waterfall, DevOps
- Demonstrated programming skills and competence in Java, Python or related languages and technologies using Object Oriented principles
- Experience in automated build processes & continuous integration tools and principles using, for example, Microsoft TFS, TeamCity, Maven, Jenkins
- Strong experience of evaluating and selecting testing tools and technologies.
- Hands-on experience with Selenium Webdriver and test automation framework
- Hands-on experience with Cucumber
- Hands-on experience with manual functional testing
- Experience with all phases of software testing including Requirements/use case analysis, test planning, functional testing and regression testing
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a faced paced environment
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to execute both manual and automated tests as needed in addition to development responsibilities
- Proven ability to manage and prioritise multiple, diverse projects simultaneously
- Flexible, independent and self-motivated
- Active participant in Test Communities or online Testing forums