Location: Remote Working with meetings in London
MUST be capable of securing SC Clearance
Bring your Software Testing expertise to us and in return we’ll give you an amazing career with growth and learning opportunities.
The Day Job
As the QA Engineer, you will work collaboratively to define, develop, maintain and deliver the Software Testing requirements for our clients programme of work.
You will be responsible for assuring the quality and to minimise the potential risk of software created as part of the software development lifecycle. The QA Test Engineer will carry out the testing function based on test plans authored by the Test Manager or QA Test Lead, following the overall Test Strategy.
- The creation of mocks, stubs and simulators to facilitate testing.
- Automated System and System Integration testing following a Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) approach to evaluate the delivered changes against agreed requirements/behaviours, both in Sprint and during integration phases.
- Infrastructure and deployment testing through each stage of the Continuous Development (CD) pipeline.
- Provision of test data (coverage & volume).
- The maintenance and enhancement of BDD automated regression packs (using Cucumber) to support ongoing delivery for this and future related projects.
- Scoping and undertaking appropriate exploratory testing during the development process.
- Defect Management.
- Contract testing; automated API tests to ensure the component under test confirms to service definitions.
- Security testing; automated security tests to find issues prior to health checks.
- Extensive hands on test experience within Agile projects, with a strong understanding of the Sprint, CI and release testing lifecycles.
- Extensive automation experience and the ability to specify, to develop and to implement automation frameworks and advice on industry best practice.
- Experience of BDD and Test-driven development (TDD).
- Pro-active in managing test dependencies, coordinating test coverage and execution.
- Knowledge and experience of working with Open Source tools and Cloud based services including Cucumber, Gherkin, Jasmine, Cypress, WebDriver, Jenkins/Drone/Gitlab and REST libraries (RESTAssured, Karate, etc).
- Experience of containerised techniques, using Docker, and Cloud Based Hosting
- Demonstrable experience of working with micro service architectures and data services
- Defining and advising on test scope, approach, risks and assumptions across DevOps and agile testing.
- Ability to work with all relevant parties (project, supplier technical teams, internal technical teams, service delivery, and so forth) to ensure an effective test service is maintained throughout the Agile delivery lifecycle.
- Extensive performance engineering experience with the ability to specify, develop and deliver performance test solutions that will also integrate with CI solutions.
What 2i can offer you
In return 2i can offer a highly competitive starting salary, company pension, life assurance, staff discounts, buy and sell holidays, on-going training and superb career development whilst working in an innovative environment and working amongst skilled professionals.
We also encourage our employee's to have fun, so we have regular nights out – either as a project team or as a group – along with our annual events such as our Connect (involving fun team-building activities!) and our Black Tie Christmas Party.
What to do next: Please apply via the application link below. Once your application has been received a representative from the 2i Recruitment team will review your profile and will get in touch with you regarding the next steps.