Senior Automation Engineer
The Day Job
As the Senior Automation Engineer, you will work collaboratively to define, develop, maintain and deliver the Software Testing requirements for our clients programme of work.
You will be responsible for developing and executing QA plans and supporting the strategic approach. Technical experts as well as responsible for managing teams and coaching others.
- Responsible for enabling the delivery of all aspects of QA engineering at project and programme level.
- Enabling test automation and test engineering practices, including aspects of ‘software development in test’.
- Reading, writing and debugging code in complex programs and supporting the refactoring of existing test frameworks – supporting other members of the team to do the same.
- Enabling the use and reuse of a broad range of tools, including open source and cloud based.
- Ensuring and applying the delivery of test engineering, typically using agile and CI/CD methods including assisting the teams to develop user stories and acceptance criteria related to the overall test engineering approach, typically deploying Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) and Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Advising on QA engineering practices to support the digital service standard, often working as part of a multi-disciplinary team focused on user needs and user centered design.
Essential Skill required;
- Experience of working in the Public sector/ Govt. projects (preferred)
- CYPRUS (must have)
- Java automation for API
- Drone for CICD pipeline
- Git for source control
- Kafka for back-end