Job title: NFT/OAT Specialist
Role type: Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Who are 2i?
We are a leading software testing and quality assurance consultancy. Since our inception in 2005, we have matured into a thought-leading business that can, and does, support organisations of any sector or size. We have over 200 colleagues across the UK, we work hybrid and have offices across Edinburgh (our Head Office), Glasgow, the Midlands and London.
We provide a combination of high-level consultancy services that identify software delivery risks for clients across different sectors and size. We implement the processes, tools and skills to deliver projects that focus on providing the client with certainty of delivery.
What will your day job look like?
As the NFT/OAT Specialist, you will be responsible for leading and coordinating the testing of software produced, ensuring quality standards are met for any changes deployed. The NFT/OAT Specialist will work collaboratively with clients to define, develop, and deliver the test strategies with a focus on high quality delivery.
- Develop NFT / OAT test capability within a key Government account
- Experience of analysing the NFRs and NFT scope & test results to suggest improvements
- Experience of OAT and 3rd party engagement / management in OAT
- Hands on experience of defining and carrying out OAT and presenting the test outcome
- Good comms & stakeholder management
- Test Coordination, drafting and reviewing Test Strategies, Plans, OAT test design and Exit Reports - DRBs - Incident Management - Progress Reporting - Issue and Risk Management
- Strong hands-on Experience of managing /hands on testing of OAT types - Failover ,DR, alerting, logging, backup and restore, recoverability etc
- Good Understanding of Cloud (VM ware) and associated tooling for alerting-monitoring, backup and restore and logging
- Ability to review, understand and decipher technical details and derive OAT scenarios from designs, architecture diagrams and documentation (HLDs, LLDs)
- Ability to hold complex technical discussions with architects, SME and Operations Teams
- Experience in engaging Operations team to get a buy in on Approach and co-ordination and scheduling of work to secure technical resource to help assist OAT test execution and providing recommendations / options
- Solid Infrastructure testing experience
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies and has previously worked in an Agile development environment
- Good problem-solving skills
- Experience of working with Windows and Linux/Unix based implementations
- Ability to understand architectural designs and documentation (HLDs, LLDs)
- Ability to pick up new tools quickly and without supervision
What if you are a partial fit?
We value team players who are keen to develop and play their part in an ambitious and growing company. We can offer meaningful learning and development opportunities to match ambition and align skills more closely with the job description.
What is it like to work for us?
We are a professional business, so we treat people as professionals and give them the autonomy to do their job. If something isn’t working tell us; we empower our people to drive change.
Our core values are: inclusivity, learning, openness and sharing and we nurture these in our day-to-day.
We are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion. We celebrate difference and believe it is key to our success.
What we offer you
We unlock our people’s full potential. We do this by fostering trust, investing in them and providing autonomy. We offer meaningful learning and development to support this.
We reward our people. We offer a discretionary company and personal performance bonus and annual salary review aligned to the overall annual performance of the business. We have a range of benefits to reward people. We also have a range of events to celebrate success.
We prioritise health and wellbeing. We have a range of engagement events and initiatives to prioritise this. You can join our Health & Wellbeing programme where you will find advice on how to maintain a healthy mind and body.
We are passionate about giving back to the community. To give a flavour of what we do, each year our people select their ‘Charity of the Year’ that we support and fundraise for.
And much more…
Still reading? Apply now and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss next steps.Apply Now