Job title: Senior Engineer
Location: UK Hybrid
Role type: Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Who are 2i?
We are a leading software testing and quality assurance consultancy. Since our inception in 2005, we have matured into a thought-leading business that can, and does, support organisations of any sector or size. We have over 200 colleagues across the UK, we work hybrid and have offices across Edinburgh (our Head Office), Glasgow, the Midlands and London.
We provide a combination of high-level consultancy services that identify software delivery risks for clients across different sectors and size. We implement the processes, tools and skills to deliver projects that focus on providing the client with certainty of delivery.
What is it like to work for us?
We are a professional business, so we treat people as professionals and give them the autonomy to do their job. If something isn’t working tell us; we empower our people to drive change.
Our core values are: inclusivity, learning, openness and sharing and we nurture these in our day-to-day.
We are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion. We celebrate difference and believe it is key to our success.
What we offer you
We unlock our people’s full potential. We do this by fostering trust, investing in them and providing autonomy. We offer meaningful learning and development to support this.
We reward our people. We offer a discretionary company and personal performance bonus and annual salary review aligned to the overall annual performance of the business. We have a range of benefits to reward people. We also have a range of events to celebrate success.
We prioritise health and wellbeing. We have a range of engagement events and initiatives to prioritise this. You can join our Health & Wellbeing programme where you will find advice on how to maintain a healthy mind and body.
We are passionate about giving back to the community. To give a flavour of what we do, each year our people select their ‘Charity of the Year’ that we support and fundraise for.
And much more…
What will your day job look like?
As a Senior Engineer, you are responsible for creating, automating, and executing test cases, as well as building, implementing, maintaining, and using test frameworks, in order to enable end-to-end testing in multi-component environments. Analysing and validating the data outputs, ensuring it adheres to the business requirements for multiple products. Provide input into consulting and strategic pieces of work, giving technical suggestions and recommendations. You will also have the opportunity to guide and mentor other team members in your area of expertise.
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to create and improve test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts
- Identify, record, document, and track bugs during the software development lifecycle, providing thorough regression testing when resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products
- Guide your own learning to keep knowledge on tools and strategies up to date and relevant
- Influence the direction of the automation effort, and its scheduling and prioritisation
- Lead and support more junior members of stuff on engineering projects
- Presenting the output of both internal and external projects to senior stakeholders
- Contributing to internal engineering projects
- Proven work experience in software development as a Senior Engineer
- Experience of the full testing lifecycle from unit testing to user acceptance testing across a multiple product/service environment
- Strong programming skills in your OOP languages
- Solid experience of testing in data-driven environments utilising advanced SQL skills
- Experience Working with data structures, algorithms, and systems architecture
- Produce clear and concise reports and documentation
- Adaptable with a desire to learn new techniques, processes, and technologies
- Strong communication skills and able to work collaboratively, where required as part of a team
- Ability to confidently present in front internal and external stakeholders
- Ability and previous experience mentoring and coaching team members
- Proficiency in collaborative development tools such as Github, Confluence and JIRA
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
What if you are a partial fit?
We value team players who are keen to develop and play their part in an ambitious and growing company. We can offer meaningful learning and development opportunities to match ambition and align skills more closely with the job description.
Still reading? Apply now and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss next steps.Apply Now