Job title: CRIMS Senior QAT Analyst
Role type: Contractor
Hours: 35 hours per week
Who are 2i?
We are a leading software testing and quality assurance consultancy. Since our inception in 2005, we have matured into a thought-leading business that can, and does, support organisations of any sector or size. We have over 200 colleagues across the UK, we work hybrid and have offices across Edinburgh (our Head Office), Glasgow, the Midlands and London.
We provide a combination of high-level consultancy services that identify software delivery risks for clients across different sectors and size. We implement the processes, tools and skills to deliver projects that focus on providing the client with certainty of delivery.
What will your day job look like?
As a CRIMS Specialist Test Analyst, you are expected to create/ maintain runbooks for trading, execute the trades and liaise with third party for the receipt and processing, check the results in EDH and CRIMS system on successful processing of trades post overnight EDH and CRIMS batch run.
You are expected to be hands-on with end to end trade and asset management and defect reporting, whilst helping Test Co-ordinator and Manager with inputs towards Test planning, Daily Stratus Reports and Completion Reports.
- Carry out the testing function in line with the Test Framework, Test Policy and Test Strategy.
- Working as an effective team member within a dedicated QAT team or as part of a cross-functional team
- Implementing the tasks identified for the Senior QAT role on client delivery programmes defined within test plans authored by the QAT Manager or QAT Lead
- Contributing to test plans during test planning to ensure test requirements are fully captured, including input on environments, tooling and resource requirements
- Monitoring requirements traceability to ensure appropriate test coverage and satisfy auditability of testing
- Identifying test execution and process automation opportunities to increase efficiency of test activities
- Design highly efficient and risk based regression test suites to reduce the risk of regressing functionality within new projects or service improvements.
- Allocation and oversight of testing tasks to Junior QAT Analyst and QAT Analyst team members
- Coaching and mentoring the Junior QAT Analysts and QAT Analysts in test approach, test techniques, domain knowledge, skills and behaviours/competencies required for these roles.
- Must have CRIMS background and experience
- Test Analyst with experience in Investments and the trading lifecycle using Charles River Investment Management System (CRIMS)
- Regression and Joint runbook scenarios preparation with third parties to facilitate regression and round-trip testing
- Practical experience in using Azure Devops
- Extensive experience of Testing Best Practices and Design Techniques
- Day to day test execution, evidence documentation, tracking test and bug progress, highlighting risks, etc.
- Stakeholder management experience, including third party comms
- Experience of Testing Best Practices and Design Techniques
- Solid Background in Test Analysis & Scripting, recent demonstrable examples – Website / Application upgrade or implementation
- Candidate(s) must be an excellent communicator both spoken and written and would never be reluctant to ask questions to ensure their understanding of the task in hand
- Exposure / Understanding of 1 or more of - Financial Markets Principles, Trading, Asset Classes, Front, Middle or Back Office processing, Fund accounting, Fund Supermarket’s, SIPP’s, Stocks and Shares ISA’s, Retail / Institutional investing
- Excellent organizational skills and a willingness to embrace complexity and drive out test requirements from the ground up
- Experience of developing or shaping any application or enterprise level test pack a distinct advantage
- Adept, intermediate to advanced level with Excel and ability to utilise the other Office Suite applications such as Word and PowerPoint
- Familiar with Agile methodology principles and Azure Dev Op’s
- We are building a small team from scratch and the timescales and scheduling at times may be demanding - being comfortable in this situation is imperative
- Comfortable with engagements / hosting meetings with Analyst colleagues to ratify collateral and raise issues or queries with them
- Strong experience of testing large scale, enterprise hosted systems and/or web and mobile applications within a defined testing framework based on industry standard testing techniques
- Strong experience working closely with the Development Team, i.e. co-location, multi-role team based development lifecycle.
- Detailed understanding and of experience applying and ability to coach and mentor team members in Coverage Based test design techniques, including Process, Condition, Data and Appearance techniques
- Detailed understanding and of experience applying and ability to coach and mentor team members in Experience Based test design techniques, including Checklists, Exploratory Testing and Crowd Testing
- Detailed understanding of Test Heuristics and how they can be applied to support test design
- Understanding and experience of testing implementation within Test Driven Development and Behaviour Driven Development processes
- Understanding and experience of Agile, DevOps and continuous testing approaches and principles
What if you are a partial fit?
We value team players who are keen to develop and play their part in an ambitious and growing company. We can offer meaningful learning and development opportunities to match ambition and align skills more closely with the job description.
What is it like to work for us?
We are a professional business, so we treat people as professionals and give them the autonomy to do their job. If something isn’t working tell us; we empower our people to drive change.
Our core values are: inclusivity, learning, openness and sharing and we nurture these in our day-to-day.
We are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion. We celebrate difference and believe it is key to our success.
What we offer you
We unlock our people’s full potential. We do this by fostering trust, investing in them and providing autonomy. We offer meaningful learning and development to support this.
We reward our people. We offer a discretionary company and personal performance bonus and annual salary review aligned to the overall annual performance of the business. We have a range of benefits to reward people. We also have a range of events to celebrate success.
We prioritise health and wellbeing. We have a range of engagement events and initiatives to prioritise this. You can join our Health & Wellbeing programme where you will find advice on how to maintain a healthy mind and body.
We are passionate about giving back to the community. To give a flavour of what we do, each year our people select their ‘Charity of the Year’ that we support and fundraise for.
And much more…
Still reading? Apply now and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss next steps.Apply Now