Job title: Engineer
Role type: Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Who are 2i?
We are a leading software testing and quality assurance consultancy. Since our inception in 2005, we have matured into a thought-leading business that can, and does, support organisations of any sector or size. We have over 200 colleagues across the UK, we work hybrid and have offices across Edinburgh (our Head Office), Glasgow, the Midlands and London.
We provide a combination of high-level consultancy services that identify software delivery risks for clients across different sectors and size. We implement the processes, tools and skills to deliver projects that focus on providing the client with certainty of delivery.
What will your day job look like?
As an Engineer, you will help deliver and implement a test strategy and operating model that delivers a QAT service supporting the testing requirements of our client. Your focus will be on test automation across the full tech stack, and you will be able to contribute to all sprint related activities, such as sprint planning and refinement. You will be responsible for the delivery of high-quality products using Agile delivery methodologies. You will also have the opportunity to work on internal Engineering projects, and the ability to propose and run your own ideas.
- Helping create, maintain, and use an automated testing framework
- Create and improve test plans, test cases, and automated test scripts
- Risk based testing analytical techniques
- Working with Pipeline Technologies to enable continuous deployment
- Working as part of multi-disciplinary teams
- Contribute to consultancy projects
- Presenting the output of both internal and external projects to stakeholders
- Contributing to internal engineering projects, offering help to junior colleagues
- Guide your own learning to keep knowledge on tools and strategies up to date and relevant
- Experienced performing automated UI testing with either Cypress or Selenium
- Practice with API testing using either REST Assured or Postman
- Experience performing Performance testing and Compatibility testing
- Experience using deployment tools such as Jenkins and ADO to trigger automated test execution
- Ability to present in front internal and external stakeholders
- Good knowledge of QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Practise working with in an Agile environment
- Programming skills in your OOP languages
- Good communication skills and able to work collaboratively
- Adaptable with a desire to learn new techniques, processes, and technologies
- Proficiency in collaborative development tools such as Github, Confluence and JIRA
What if you are a partial fit?
We value team players who are keen to develop and play their part in an ambitious and growing company. We can offer meaningful learning and development opportunities to match ambition and align skills more closely with the job description.
What is it like to work for us?
We are a professional business, so we treat people as professionals and give them the autonomy to do their job. If something isn’t working tell us; we empower our people to drive change.
Our core values are: inclusivity, learning, openness and sharing and we nurture these in our day-to-day.
We are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion. We celebrate difference and believe it is key to our success.
What we offer you
We unlock our people’s full potential. We do this by fostering trust, investing in them and providing autonomy. We offer meaningful learning and development to support this.
We reward our people. We offer a discretionary company and personal performance bonus and annual salary review aligned to the overall annual performance of the business. We have a range of benefits to reward people. We also have a range of events to celebrate success.
We prioritise health and wellbeing. We have a range of engagement events and initiatives to prioritise this. You can join our Health & Wellbeing programme where you will find advice on how to maintain a healthy mind and body.
We are passionate about giving back to the community. To give a flavour of what we do, each year our people select their ‘Charity of the Year’ that we support and fundraise for.
And much more…
Still reading? Apply now and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss next steps.Apply Now