Job title: OAT Analyst
Role type: Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Who are 2i?
We are a leading software testing and quality assurance consultancy. Since our inception in 2005, we have matured into a thought-leading business that can, and does, support organisations of any sector or size. We have over 200 colleagues across the UK, we work hybrid and have offices across Edinburgh (our Head Office), Glasgow, the Midlands and London.
We provide a combination of high-level consultancy services that identify software delivery risks for clients across different sectors and size. We implement the processes, tools and skills to deliver projects that focus on providing the client with certainty of delivery.
What will your day job look like?
- Test execution and co-ordination of the Test Scenarios for the Operational Acceptance Test (OAT) stage with technical teams (Middleware, DBA, Support Engineers)
- Provision of technical direction and governance (for OAT).
- Chair Technical FMEA calls to develop the failure points of the newly identified infrastructure
- Create Test Scenarios from technical documentation and identify any dependencies
- Work with the Technical teams to review and assure the OAT Test Scenarios
- Ensuring all subordinate test documentation (e.g. test scenario) is produced by the appropriate individual and reviewed.
- Knows Infrastructure tests that will ensure there is coverage of both expected and unexpected behaviour
- Taking responsibility for test coverage within the team where necessary
- Works to maintain tests and ensure regression testing is performed to avoid regression issues.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong Infrastructure Technical skills with experience of working in AWS environment
- Strong experience in SQL to Oracle migrations and understanding of databases
- Minimum 5 years Infrastructure experience (with at least 3 years focused on Non-Functional Testing)
- Good understanding of Risk Based Testing (RBT) and Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Good understanding of agile delivery lifecycles
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with JMeter
- Experience with Business Continuity Testing
- Able to hold complex test discussions with architects, SMEs and Operational Teams
- Experience with technical teams (DevOps, DBA) and chairing test calls, running test execution
- Experience with Infrastructure set-up / design, understanding of Fail-overs, Data guard, Database (Oracle / SQL)
- ISTQB Advanced Level Technical test analyst
- A strong teamwork ethic with a proven ability to work collaboratively
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal capabilities – both written and verbal
- Highly developed critical thinking, interpretative and analytical abilities
- A strong eye for detail and keen focus on results, with a flexible ‘can do’ approach
- A willingness to learn, grow and stretch into new roles and different industries
- Rigorous, attention to detail, assertive and confident
- Ability to present test results both in technical terms and in non-technical (summary) terms, internally.
- Ability to work both in isolation, managing one’s own time, and leading a small team
What is it like to work for us?
We are a professional business, so we treat people as professionals and give them the autonomy to do their job. If something isn’t working tell us; we empower our people to drive change.
Our core values are: inclusivity, learning, openness and sharing and we nurture these in our day-to-day.
We are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion. We celebrate difference and believe it is key to our success.
What we offer you
We unlock our people’s full potential. We do this by fostering trust, investing in them and providing autonomy. We offer meaningful learning and development to support this.
We reward our people. We offer a discretionary company and personal performance bonus and annual salary review aligned to the overall annual performance of the business. We have a range of benefits to reward people. We also have a range of events to celebrate success.
We prioritise health and wellbeing. We have a range of engagement events and initiatives to prioritise this. You can join our Health & Wellbeing programme where you will find advice on how to maintain a healthy mind and body.
We are passionate about giving back to the community. To give a flavour of what we do, each year our people select their ‘Charity of the Year’ that we support and fundraise for.
And much more…
Still reading? Apply now and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss next steps.