Job title: VP of Sales & Marketing
Location: Edinburgh or Glasgow (hybrid)
Role type: Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Who are 2i?
We are a leading software testing and quality assurance consultancy. Since our inception in 2005, we have matured into a thought-leading business that can, and does, support organisations of any sector or size. We have over 200 colleagues across the UK, we work hybrid and have offices across Edinburgh (our Head Office), Glasgow, the Midlands and London.
We provide a combination of high-level consultancy services that identify software delivery risks for clients across different sectors and size. We implement the processes, tools and skills to deliver projects that focus on providing the client with certainty of delivery.
What will your day job look like?
- Devise, lead and manage on the Sales & Marketing Strategy for the firm in line with approval from the firms Executive Board.
- You will be a full member of the firms Operating Board. As such you will be responsible for delivery and reporting monthly to this board (and the Executive Board as appropriate) on Sales & Marketing performance and progress against the firms approved Annual and 3-year strategy and approved Balanced Scorecard.
- You will manage the expansion and growth for new business opportunities, creating a healthy pipeline for existing and new clients.
- You will lead and manage on the provision of support for all external engagements and events including all planning, marketing, and communications both internal, external, and directly with Clients.
- You will lead on Sales and Marketing learning across the firm. This will encapsulate engaging appropriate support for pre-sales and bid planning, managing the engagement process, and ensuring this is promulgated and maintained across the firm.
- Achieving and exceeding agreed Sales and Marketing metrics and targets from the firm's Annual Balanced Scorecard.
- Identify sales opportunities and partnership opportunities in line with 2i’s strategic target markets and client base.
- Build strong senior working relationships with existing and prospective clients, generating and maintaining an effective growth pipeline of relevant existing and new business opportunities
- Plan and Manage the Marketing and Sales support for external and key internal 2i events. This includes the appropriate capture and maintenance, for follow up, with new and existing client leads and contacts.
- Generate and maintain existing and new relationships between 2i and clients via regular communications, events, and client entertainment.
- Create a full, extensive, and effective external communications plan to generate sales growth opportunities, capturing success metrics such as conversion ratios and value by:
- Content Creation
- Value Propositions and Sales Proposals
- Bid Response – Success/Failure metrics and scores where appropriate
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of Sales & Marketing experience in a business-to-business sales environment
- A proven/ referenceable track record in consistently meeting sales targets by establishing senior relationships with large and mid-size corporate clients
- Comfortable working within and alongside a firms Operating Board and Senior peers, as part of the team responsible for delivering the firms strategic operating plans and ambitions.
- Strong organisational skills to identify and deliver significant new business opportunities, relationship management and sales pipeline management
- Effective communication with ability to converse with a variety of people at varying levels of seniority
- Commercially astute and experienced in selling services in software testing sector
- A proficient user of Microsoft Office applications & sales systems such as Salesforce, Rocket, CANNDi, LinkedIn
- Significant senior contacts and relationships in Public Sector as well as Financial Services
- A positive can-do attitude with willingness to engage at all levels with the ability to deliver both personal and team goals
- Confident and experienced in delivering proposals and presentations to conferences and senior (CxO’s) client officers.
- A team builder and collegiate leader.
What is it like to work for us?
We are a professional business, so we treat people as professionals and give them the autonomy to do their job. If something isn’t working tell us; we empower our people to drive change.
Our core values are: inclusivity, learning, openness and sharing and we nurture these in our day-to-day.
We are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion. We celebrate difference and believe it is key to our success.
What we offer you
We unlock our people’s full potential. We do this by fostering trust, investing in them and providing autonomy. We offer meaningful learning and development to support this.
We reward our people. We offer a discretionary company and personal performance bonus and annual salary review aligned to the overall annual performance of the business. We have a range of benefits to reward people. We also have a range of events to celebrate success.
We prioritise health and wellbeing. We have a range of engagement events and initiatives to prioritise this. You can join our Health & Wellbeing programme where you will find advice on how to maintain a healthy mind and body.
We are passionate about giving back to the community. To give a flavour of what we do, each year our people select their ‘Charity of the Year’ that we support and fundraise for.
And much more…
Still reading? Apply now and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss next steps.Apply Now