The 2i Connect - Twice a year, we gather the whole of #Team2i together to celebrate our successes and share updates. We are committed to reduce the impact of these meetings.
Ideas we are considering, include:
- All employees should use public transport to attend the event.
- At the end of the event, we will measure the carbon emissions and offset them by planting trees.
- The event should take place in the most accessible place to reduce the amount of travel required.
- Choosing a location with excellent sustainability credentials - this would include not using disposable cups and plates, etc, and maximising the use of natural light.
- Organising other events around the Connect that would have required another day of travel (the Christmas Party, or department meetings, for example)
- Looking at local food sources for lunches and dinners - or more meat-free and vegan options to reduce food miles and meat consumption, or looking for suppliers who use food that would otherwise go to waste.
- Using apps and digital methods to reduce paper usage.
- We run a Cycle to Work scheme, and encourage any employees to cycle to the venue if possible.
- If any employees are staying in hotels, we ask that they make sure that air conditioning, heating, the TV etc., are all fully turned off when they aren't in the room.