Build quality and consistency into your testing organisation
The move to widespread agile delivery models has created uncertainty around how quality assurance and testing can be controlled within disparate teams that are distributed throughout your organisation.
To ensure your quality is managed and embedded throughout all of your delivery activities, you need software testing and QA processes to be owned, implemented and embedded ACROSS your organisation.
Combined with process and product quality metrics, this enables you to continually improve and optimise your teams to deliver quality products.
We bring all of this expertise through our proven Quality Assurance & Test Practice model.
We will help you embed quality into your business requirements which will build confidence and certainty into your delivery portfolios.
Once introduced, our QA and Test Practice, powered by the strategic elements of our AssureRMF solution, will support the continued governance of quality into your solution deliveries, even when your delivery teams are distributed throughout your organisation.
When implemented, our unique approach will provide your Agile and DevOps teams with;
- Quality Ownership – A shared understanding and agreement on what quality means for your organisation with clearly defined
- Robust Quality Assurance and Test Practices – Build quality into your delivery products and prevent and remove risk at the earliest possible stage in the process
- Quality Improvement – Continuous evaluation of quality metrics ensures your required quality and business outcomes are met, and at the same time, provides risk intelligence that informs fact-based decision making
Examples of where we have implemented our Quality Assurance and Test (QAT) Practice model;
We manage the QAT Practice within a large Investments organisation, implementing improved practices and processes across their delivery programmes.
This focuses on ownership of;
- Designing a software testing process to meet the programme’s agile delivery model as well as delivering a UAT approach that focuses the business on testing key business outcomes
- Driving risk-based test approaches that target the key risks to be mitigated in the solution under test reducing low-value test effort
- Delivering key quality metrics that enables a real-time view of product quality such as the test status of key business outcomes
- Testability reviews to ensure design and delivery approaches enable much more efficient testing
For our public sector client, our QAT Practice model identifies industry best practice to continually improve delivery timelines, such as;
- Test Automation to reduce regression test duration by almost 80%
- Implementing a Behaviour Driven Development approach to enable a shared understanding of value to be delivered coupled with an accelerated acceptance testing stage
- Implementing modern performance test tooling to enable constant performance testing in the continuous integration pipeline which highlighted performance issues on an AWS cloud hosted solution
2i as our strategic partner have contributed significantly to our agile continuous deliver journey, bringing innovation to our quality assurance approach. Throughout periods of change and transformation they have ensured that quality of delivery has remained high and key milestones have been consistently met.
Their support in helping us transition to a centralised test function, building testing into our continuous delivery pipeline is a great example of the value and technical expertise they continue to deliver for SLA.
Scott Mackay, Global Chief Technology Officer, Standard Life Aberdeen