Consultant: QA Lead/Test Lead - Permanent
2i specialises in delivering software testing services for organisations ranging in size from public sector organisations to international finance houses. At the core of our business is the provision of large scale managed testing services, resource augmentation, test governance, automation testing, and test consultancy to help with the delivery of a specific project or programme.
Since our inception in 2005, we have developed into a mature provider of testing services deploying nearly 100 staff across the UK, with our main areas of operation being in Edinburgh where our Head Office is located, Glasgow and London.
The purpose of this role
We are Looking for a talented Test Lead to lead and mentor a team consisting of permanent and associate test resources. You will be an advocate for QA best practices across project delivery and embedding a programme level testing strategy. Supporting multiple Scrum and Waterfall delivery teams with estimation, planning and strategy for testing.
- You have a vision for the future of testing and are not afraid to implement or voice it.
- Delivers on commitments made to the client demonstrating excellence and timeliness.
- Brings new ideas to the team and is receptive to other people's ideas.
- Actively contributes to the team problem solving.
- Demonstrate the ability to grow and maintain trusted relationships with clients.
- Displays leadership and mentoring skills.
- Demonstrates good collaborative behaviours, cooperating and sharing knowledge appropriately on the project with 2i and the client.
The main accountabilities
- Delivering to agreed time, cost and quality standards.
- Creating time and resource estimates, liaising with the Test Manager to secure the necessary resources.
- Creating or overseeing the quality production of test artefacts including the Test Plan and Test Schedule.
- Provide detailed status reports and MI tracking progress and logging and highlighting risks and issues.
- Provide Test Completion reports to Project Management and stakeholders.
- Track progress of test work streams delivering into the Project. Represent the test team during work stream meetings.
- Work with stakeholders at all levels within the project and/or workstreams, and represent the test team during project and/or workstream meetings.
- Log and highlight risks and issues that may impact on the delivery schedule.
- Provide information and input into the Business sign off process.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of his/her test team, ensuring that testing activities for the various workstreams are completed in accordance with the agreed schedule.
- Mentor members of the project test team in the test design, planning and execution processes.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a testing role.
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation level certified.
- Experience in leading a team.
- Stakeholder management experience.
- Experience of Testing Best Practices and Design Techniques.
- Experience in using different methodologies – Agile, Waterfall.
- Practical experience in using industry recognised Integrated Quality Management Software eg HP ALM.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline.
- ISTQB Advanced Level beneficial.
- Practical experience in using a variety of test tools.
- Experience of change management and code version control tools and processes.
- Experience in a relevant business or technical role (preferably min. 3 years’ Finance Industry experience).
- Experience in establishing strong working relationships with 3rd party suppliers, offshore partners and business stakeholders.
- Practical experience in performing Micro Services testing and adopting a Continuous Integration approach to delivery.
- Practical experience in DevOps.