Job title: Senior QAT Analyst
Location: Scotland (hybrid)
Role type: Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Who are 2i?
We are a leading software testing and quality assurance consultancy. Since our inception in 2005, we have matured into a thought-leading business that can, and does, support organisations of any sector or size. We have over 200 colleagues across the UK, we work hybrid and have offices across Edinburgh (our Head Office), Glasgow, the Midlands and London.
We provide a combination of high-level consultancy services that identify software delivery risks for clients across different sectors and size. We implement the processes, tools and skills to deliver projects that focus on providing the client with certainty of delivery.
What will your day job look like?
The Senior QAT analyst role is responsible for assuring the quality and to minimise the potential risk of technology products delivered by development teams or 3rd party vendors. Quality is determined by factors such as meeting functional requirements, stability, scalability, usability, performance amongst others and therefore this is a multi-faceted and technical role.
The Senior QAT analyst carries out the testing function and provides a level of oversight of the work of more junior team members, based on test plans authored by the QAT Manager or QAT Lead, following the 2i Testing Framework which is based on industry standard testing techniques.
The Senior QAT analyst work in agile squads, devops or release teams within our clients technology organisation which are made up of a number of roles, including but not limited to QAT Leads, Developers, Development Team Leaders, Technical Leads, Business Analysts, Product owners, Support Developers, Project Managers, Test Environments Engineers and Automation Engineers.
- Carry out the testing function in line with the Test Framework, Test Policy and Test Strategy.
- Working as an effective team member within a dedicated QAT team or as part of a cross-functional team
- Implementing the tasks identified for the Senior QAT role on client delivery programmes defined within test plans authored by the QAT Manager or QAT Lead
- Contributing to test plans during test planning to ensure test requirements are fully captured, including input on environments, tooling and resource requirements
- Monitoring requirements traceability to ensure appropriate test coverage and satisfy auditability of testing
- Identifying test execution and process automation opportunities to increase efficiency of test activities
- Design highly efficient and risk based regression test suites to reduce the risk of regressing functionality within new projects or service improvements.
- Allocation and oversight of testing tasks to Junior QAT Analyst and QAT Analyst team members
- Coaching and mentoring the Junior QAT Analysts and QAT Analysts in test approach, test techniques, domain knowledge, skills and behaviours/competencies required for these roles.
- Strong experience of testing large scale, enterprise hosted systems and/or web and mobile applications within a defined testing framework based on industry standard testing techniques
- Strong experience working closely with the Development Team, i.e. co-location, multi-role team based development lifecycle.
- Detailed understanding and of experience applying and ability to coach and mentor team members in Coverage Based test design techniques, including Process, Condition, Data and Appearance techniques
- Detailed understanding and of experience applying and ability to coach and mentor team members in Experience Based test design techniques, including Checklists, Exploratory Testing and Crowd Testing
- Detailed understanding of Test Heuristics and how they can be applied to support test design
- Understanding and experience of testing implementation within Test Driven Development and Behaviour Driven Development processes
- Understanding and experience of Agile, DevOps and continuous testing approaches and principles
- Understanding of the automation pyramid and ability to identify potential automation opportunities
- Understanding of the differences between on premise and cloud hosted architectures and testing considerations of each type of architecture
What if you are a partial fit?
We value team players who are keen to develop and play their part in an ambitious and growing company. We can offer meaningful learning and development opportunities to match ambition and align skills more closely with the job description.
What is it like to work for us?
We are a professional business, so we treat people as professionals and give them the autonomy to do their job. If something isn’t working tell us; we empower our people to drive change.
Our core values are: inclusivity, learning, openness and sharing and we nurture these in our day-to-day.
We are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion. We celebrate difference and believe it is key to our success.
What we offer you
We unlock our people’s full potential. We do this by fostering trust, investing in them and providing autonomy. We offer meaningful learning and development to support this.
We reward our people. We offer a discretionary company and personal performance bonus and annual salary review aligned to the overall annual performance of the business. We have a range of benefits to reward people. We also have a range of events to celebrate success.
We prioritise health and wellbeing. We have a range of engagement events and initiatives to prioritise this. You can join our Health & Wellbeing programme where you will find advice on how to maintain a healthy mind and body.
We are passionate about giving back to the community. To give a flavour of what we do, each year our people select their ‘Charity of the Year’ that we support and fundraise for.
And much more…
Still reading? Apply now and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss next steps.Apply Now