Consultant: QA Test Lead
The purpose of this role
The QA Test Lead role is responsible for leading and coordinating the testing of software produced across a specific test phase, technical domain or product set, ensuring quality standards are met for any changes deployed. The QA Test Lead will work collaboratively with clients and the Test Manager to define, develop and deliver the test strategies and test plans with a focus on high quality delivery.
In addition to delivery responsibilities, the QA Test Lead will also act as an advocate for QA best practices and lead initiatives to improve test processes, extend the use of tools/frameworks (where appropriate) and support the development of test team members.
The QA Test Lead must understand how the scope of their testing responsibilities fits into the overall test strategy and organisational structure.
- You have a vision for the future of testing and are not afraid to implement or voice it
- Delivers on commitments made to the client demonstrating excellence and timeliness
- Brings new ideas to the team and is receptive to other people's ideas.
- Actively contributes to the team problem solving.
- Demonstrate the ability to grow and maintain trusted relationships with clients
- Displays leadership and mentoring skills
- Demonstrates good collaborative behaviours, cooperating and sharing knowledge appropriately on the project with 2i and the client.
The main accountabilities
- Contributing to the creation of the Test Approach or Test Strategy
- Defining the scope of testing within the context of their area of responsibility (e.g. test phase, technical domain or product set)
- Delivering to agreed time, cost and quality standards
- Creating time and resource estimates, liaising with the Test Manager to secure the necessary resources.
- Creating or overseeing the quality production of test artefacts including the Test Plan and Test Schedule
- Provide detailed status reports and MI tracking progress and logging and highlighting risks and issues
- Provide Test Completion reports to stakeholders
- Track progress of test work streams delivering into the Project/Release.
- Work with stakeholders at all levels within the project and/or workstreams, and represent the test team during project and/or workstream meetings
- Log and highlight risks and issues that may impact on the delivery schedule
- Provide information and input into the Business sign off process
- Manage the day-to-day activities of his/her test team, ensuring that testing activities for the various workstreams are completed in accordance with the agreed schedule
- Mentor members of the test team in the test design, planning and execution processes.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a testing role
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation level certified
- Experience in leading a team
- Strong stakeholder management experience
- Experience of Testing Best Practices and Design Techniques
- Experience in using different methodologies – Agile, Waterfall, DevOps
- Practical experience in using industry recognised Integrated Quality Management Software eg HP ALM
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Practical experience in using a variety of test tools
- Experience of change management and code version control tools and processes.
- Experience in establishing strong working relationships with 3rd party suppliers, offshore partners and business stakeholders
- Flexible, independent and self-motivated
- Active participant in Test Communities or online Testing forums