Location: Edinburgh (Working remotely innitially)
The Day Job
As the Test Analyst, you will work collaboratively to define, develop, maintain and deliver the Software Testing requirements for our clients programme of work.
You will be responsible for assuring the quality and to minimise the potential risk of software created as part of the software development lifecycle. The Test Analyst will carry out the testing function based on test plans authored by the Test Manager or QA Test Lead, following the overall Test Strategy.
- Carrying out the test function in line with the Test Framework, Test Policy and Test Strategy
- Performing functional and non-functional testing including, but not limited to acceptance, stability, resilience, performance, system, integration, regression, module/component, usability, load, stress, deployment and smoke testing
- Performing static reviews of functional and technical documentation and providing feedback to the authors on content
- Authoring test specifications based on functional/technical specifications, test plans and supporting documentation to include test design, test data design, test pre-requisites etc
- Creating test cases and test suites using industry recognised Integrated Quality Management Software eg HP ALM
- Working with Test Environments team to design and implement suitable test environments
- Working with the Automation Test Engineers to design and implement automated test tools, frameworks and test suites
- Executing manual test cases, capturing results and raising defects where expected results differ to actual results
- 3+ years’ experience in testing large scale systems, within a defined testing framework based on industry standard testing techniques
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation level certified
- Experience using Application Lifecycle Management tools or Test Management tools such as HP ALM or Team Foundation Server
- Proven ability to design, author and execute test specifications and test cases/scripts based on test plans and functional/technical specifications
- Exposure to multiple development frameworks including Agile, Waterfall, DevOps
- Stakeholder management experience
- Experience of Testing Best Practices and Design Techniques
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast paced environment
What 2i Testing can offer you
In return 2i Testing can offer a highly competitive day rate whilst working in an innovative environment and working amongst skilled professionals.
We also encourage our employee's to have fun, so we have regular nights out – either as a project team or as a group – along with our annual events such as our Connect.
What to do next: Please apply via the application link. Once your application has been received a representative from the 2i Recruitment team will review your profile and will get in touch with you regarding the next steps.