Location: Remote Working with possible meetings in London
MUST be capable of securing SC Clearance
Bring your Software Testing expertise to us and in return we’ll give you an amazing career with growth and learning opportunities.
The Day Job
As the Lead QA Engineer, you will work collaboratively to define, develop, maintain and deliver Software testing requirements for our clients programme of work. In addition to delivery responsibilities, the QA Test Lead will also act as an advocate for QA best practices and lead initiatives to improve test processes, extend the use of tools/frameworks (where appropriate) and support the development of test team members.
As the Test Lead you will be responsible for leading and coordinating the testing of software produced across a specific test phase, technical domain or product set, ensuring quality standards are met for any changes deployed.
- Responsible for initiating and ensuring the technical and delivery-facing leadership for all aspects of QA engineering at portfolio level.
- Initiating test automation and test engineering practices, including aspects of ‘software development in test’.
- Reading, writing and debugging code in complex programs and supporting the refactoring of existing test frameworks – supporting other members of the team to do the same.
- Initiating the use and reuse of a broad range of tools, including open source and cloud based.
- Initiating the delivery of test engineering, typically using agile and CI/CD methods including influencing how the teams develop user stories and acceptance criteria, typically deploying Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD) and Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Building QAT service capability and coaching others to help improve QAT-wide practices to support the digital service standard, often working as part of a multi-disciplinary team focused on user needs and user centred design.
- Extensive hands on test experience within Agile projects, with a strong understanding of the Sprint, CI and release testing lifecycles.
- Extensive automation experience and the ability to specify, to develop and to implement automation frameworks and advice on industry best practice.
- Experience of leading teams.
- Pro-active in managing test dependencies, coordinating test coverage and execution.
- Knowledge and experience of working with Open Source tools and Cloud based services including Cucumber, Gherkin, Jasmine, Cypress, WebDriver, Jenkins/Drone/Gitlab and REST libraries (RESTAssured, Karate, etc).
- Experience of containerised techniques, using Docker, and Cloud Based Hosting
- Demonstrable experience of working with micro service architectures and data services
- Defining and advising on test scope, approach, risks and assumptions across DevOps and agile testing.
- Ability to work with all relevant parties (project, supplier technical teams, internal technical teams, service delivery, and so forth) to ensure an effective test service is maintained throughout the Agile delivery lifecycle.
What 2i can offer you
In return 2i can offer a highly competitive starting salary, company pension, life assurance, staff discounts, buy and sell holidays, on-going training and superb career development whilst working in an innovative environment and working amongst skilled professionals.
We also encourage our employee's to have fun, so we have regular nights out – either as a project team or as a group – along with our annual events such as our Connect (involving fun team-building activities!) and our Black Tie Christmas Party.
What to do next: Please apply via the application link below. Once your application has been received a representative from the 2i Recruitment team will review your profile and will get in touch with you regarding the next steps.