Job title: Test Manager
Role type: Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Who are 2i?
We are a leading software testing and quality assurance consultancy. Since our inception in 2005, we have matured into a thought-leading business that can, and does, support organisations of any sector or size. We have over 200 colleagues across the UK, we work hybrid and have offices across Edinburgh (our Head Office), Glasgow, the Midlands and London.
We provide a combination of high-level consultancy services that identify software delivery risks for clients across different sectors and size. We implement the processes, tools and skills to deliver projects that focus on providing the client with certainty of delivery.
What will your day job look like?
Test Manager required to manage the Programme's Test Automation Team. The successful candidate should a be strong Test Manager, who ideally has experience of managing an automation team. The successful candidate must be able to identify the appropriate automation strategy for the Programme and approaches/plans for each release. Preferably they will have practical hands on experience of automation and be able to implement strategies and approaches to ensure the team is efficient and effective.
- Creating or contributing to the creation of the Test Approach or Test Strategy
- Defining the scope of testing within the context of each release/delivery
- Delivering to agreed time, cost and quality standards
- Creating time and resource estimates, deploying and managing resources for testing
- Creating or overseeing the quality production of all test artefacts including the Test Plan and Test Schedule
- Provide detailed status reports and MI tracking progress and logging and highlighting risks and issues
- Provide Test Completion reports to stakeholders
- Track progress of test work streams delivering into the Project
- Work with stakeholders at all levels within the project and/or workstreams, and represent the test team during project and/or workstream meetings
- Log and highlight risks and issues that may impact on the delivery schedule
- Provide information and input into the Business sign off process
- Manage the day-to-day activities of project test team, ensuring that testing activities for the various workstreams are completed in accordance with the agreed schedule
- Familiar with working in an Agile environment which is fast paced
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to collaborate with different stakeholders across the Programme
- Strong understanding of the testing lifecycle across all test levels
- Ability to manage the workload of the team effectively in a fast paced and fluid environment
- Planning, monitoring, and controlling activities across multiple concurrent releases
- Governance and reporting
- Basic Jira/qTest administration
- Strong organising and co-ordinating skills
- Understanding and experience of continuous improvement processes and methods (e.g. plan, do, check, act)
- Experience of running and/or participating in lessons learned/retrsopectives and then implementing agreed actions
- Capable of working in a Kanban system of work using Jira tools
- Responsible for ensuring that the Test Automation and Tooling function is kept up to date within the Test Practice and that knowledge, approaches and tooling is shared with other teams across the Programme
- Tools: Atlassian – Jira, Confluence and Trello, Slack, qTest (Tricentis, Serenity BDD, Jenkins, Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber, GitLab
What if you are a partial fit?
We value team players who are keen to develop and play their part in an ambitious and growing company. We can offer meaningful learning and development opportunities to match ambition and align skills more closely with the job description.
What is it like to work for us?
We are a professional business, so we treat people as professionals and give them the autonomy to do their job. If something isn’t working tell us; we empower our people to drive change.
Our core values are: inclusivity, learning, openness and sharing and we nurture these in our day-to-day.
We are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion. We celebrate difference and believe it is key to our success.
What we offer you
We unlock our people’s full potential. We do this by fostering trust, investing in them and providing autonomy. We offer meaningful learning and development to support this.
We reward our people. We offer a discretionary company and personal performance bonus and annual salary review aligned to the overall annual performance of the business. We have a range of benefits to reward people. We also have a range of events to celebrate success.
We prioritise health and wellbeing. We have a range of engagement events and initiatives to prioritise this. You can join our Health & Wellbeing programme where you will find advice on how to maintain a healthy mind and body.
We are passionate about giving back to the community. To give a flavour of what we do, each year our people select their ‘Charity of the Year’ that we support and fundraise for.
And much more…
Still reading? Apply now and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss next steps.Apply Now