Job title: Non-Functional Test Engineer
Role type: Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Who are 2i?
We are a leading software testing and quality assurance consultancy. Since our inception in 2005, we have matured into a thought-leading business that can, and does, support organisations of any sector or size. We have over 200 colleagues across the UK, we work hybrid and have offices across Edinburgh (our Head Office), Glasgow, the Midlands and London.
We provide a combination of high-level consultancy services that identify software delivery risks for clients across different sectors and size. We implement the processes, tools and skills to deliver projects that focus on providing the client with certainty of delivery.
What will your day job look like?
As the NFT Tester, you will be responsible for coordinating the testing of software produced, ensuring quality standards are met for any changes deployed.
- Responsible for planning, designing, scripting, and executing performance, load, soak, capacity tests for all releases including applications and interface.
- Familiar with working in an Agile environment which is fast paced.
- Ability to develop model based on forecast volumes and NFRs.
- Practical hands-on experience using JMeter and Neoload.
- Strong understanding of the testing lifecycle across all test levels.
- Understanding and experience of continuous improvement processes and methods (e.g. plan, do, check, act).
- Experience of running and/or participating in lessons learned/retrospectives and then implementing agreed actions.
- Capable of working in a Kanban system of work using Jira tools.
What if you are a partial fit?
We value team players who are keen to develop and play their part in an ambitious and growing company. We can offer meaningful learning and development opportunities to match ambition and align skills more closely with the job description.
What is it like to work for us?
We are a professional business, so we treat people as professionals and give them the autonomy to do their job. If something isn’t working tell us; we empower our people to drive change.
Our core values are: inclusivity, learning, openness and sharing and we nurture these in our day-to-day.
We are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion. We celebrate difference and believe it is key to our success.
What we offer you
We unlock our people’s full potential. We do this by fostering trust, investing in them and providing autonomy. We offer meaningful learning and development to support this.
We reward our people. We offer a discretionary company and personal performance bonus and annual salary review aligned to the overall annual performance of the business. We have a range of benefits to reward people. We also have a range of events to celebrate success.
We prioritise health and wellbeing. We have a range of engagement events and initiatives to prioritise this. You can join our Health & Wellbeing programme where you will find advice on how to maintain a healthy mind and body.
We are passionate about giving back to the community. To give a flavour of what we do, each year our people select their ‘Charity of the Year’ that we support and fundraise for.
And much more…
Still reading? Apply now and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss next steps.